Do you need to file a tax return for your public charity or private foundation non-profit organization? We work with many different types of tax-exempt organizations including charitable, religious, scientific, literary, and other organizations exempt under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(3). We also offer non-profit tax preparation services to a slew of other non-profit organizations tax-exempt under IRC section 501.
We can prepare and file the appropriate annual tax return for your non-profit organization which can include IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N or 990-P along with any corresponding schedules and forms. The return is due on the 15th day of the 5th month after the end of the organization’s fiscal year. Late filing penalties are $20 per day up to $10,000 total or $100 per day up to $50,000 total, so being late is definitely not worth it. Failure to file an annual tax return can cause a non-profit organization to automatically lose its tax exempt status.
Our Non-Profit Tax Preparation Services
If you are thinking of creating a non-profit organization, we can assist you with all phases of your organization’s life cycle, including:
- Creating an organization under state law, obtaining a federal employer identification number, and choosing the best federal tax classification;
- Applying for federal tax-exempt status;
- Filing all required non-profit annual returns;
- Helping the non-profit organization remain compliant with its tax exempt status, disclosure requirements, employment taxes, and other repetitive compliance issues;
- Helping the non-profit with any significant events such as audits, private letter ruling, and termination procedures.