Estate & Trust Planning
Estate planning on your own can be complicated and costly, and the list is endless. With state taxes, bureaucracy, probate courts, unfair appraisals, health care concerns, eligibility of heirs, life insurance, IRA’s, 401K’s, annuities, burial or cremation costs, and intent regarding death-postponing treatment, just to name a few. Not knowing your legal and financial rights often ends up costing you more in the end.
Why Choose Us
Effective estate and trust planning can ensure financial security for loved ones. For businesses, it can maintain a smooth succession of ownership. Our role is to help you navigate the complex and shifting tax laws to facilitate the transfer of assets and minimize the tax liability of your beneficiaries. The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you do not need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process.
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, we want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. We offer discussion, recommendations and useful research tools to make your planning simple, efficient, and worry-free. We are available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, change of circumstances and alternatives to help you:
- Clearly define your estate planning goals
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options
- Prepare, organize and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate
- Lessen taxes at time of death
- Arrange for management of your estate in the event you are incapacitated
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
- Amend your plan as needed